Presented by Ms. Classroom
Thursday, July 9 and Friday July 10 | 10am–12noon PT (both days}
Workshop Agenda and Presenter Bios
Agenda Teaching WGSS July 2020 Final
Advance Preparation Materials
- In advance of our workshop, we encourage you to read:
- Chick, Nancy and Holly Hassel. “’Don’t Hate Me Because I’m Virtual’: Feminist Pedagogy in the Online Classroom.” Feminist Teacher, Vol. 19, No. 3 (2009), 195-215. [ChickandHassel for downloadable .pdf]
- Davidson, Cathy. “The Single Most Essential Requirement Designing Fall Online Courses,” www.hastac.org, 05/11/2020.
- Please think about these two questions and how you might succinct respond to them in a small discussion group:
- What is unique about your teaching?
- What is feminist about your teaching?
Workshop Zoom Recordings:
Day One Materials
Workshop Slides from Julie Enszer: Enszer Ms Classroom 07082020
Oluwanifemi J. Ologunorisa Presentation: Oluwanifemi J Ologunorisa Ms. Classroom Presentation
Shawnika Johnson Presentation: Women Warriors_Shawnika_Ms. Classroom_7.7.20
Shawnika Johnson Sample Assignment: Self Reflection Assignment_7.7.20
Michelle McGibbney Vlahoulis Presentation: Nuts & Bolts Ms
Susan Shaw Handout: SPMs. online workshop presentation GVFV
Susan Shaw Book Club Activity: Sample Online Group Activity Book Club
Margaret Lowry Handout: Lowry_GVFV Ms Companion Reader Resources
Loretta Ross and Carrie Baker Handout: Adapting Teaching to Emerging Conditions
Day Two Materials
Revised Friday Agenda: Agenda Teaching WGSS Friday Modified
Michelle McGibbney Vlahoulis Slides: Michelle McGibbney Vlahoulis Dos & Don’ts
Maddy Pontz Presentation: Ms. Classroom Presentation_Social Media_Maddy Pontz
Maddy Pontz Handout: Ms. Social 1-pager
WS Syllabus — Summer 2020 — Public Version, public course, taught by Loretta Ross.
GS202 – Intro Spring 2020, introduction to LGBT Studies, taught by Julie R. Enszer.
Introduction to Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies, Fall 2020, taught by Dr. Margaret Lowry, TCU
Feminist Freedom Warrior Project
Chandra Talpede Mohanty and Linda Carty curate a video archive of kitchen table conversations with a large range of feminist scholar-activists. Many of these folks are required reading in WGSS classroom. Here’s the link:
Here is a TruthOut piece on the project: